Dr. Garrett Neill Teaches
An essential course for modern yoga teachers & practitioners
Our go-at-your-own-pace course has 30+ video lessons, glossary & text materials that will teach you everything you need to know about the practice of Sustainable Yoga.
What you will learn:
✔ The principles of sustainable asana and how to incorporate them into your own practice and teaching
✔ Easily digestible biomechanical and anatomical concepts that will further your understanding of the human anatomy & movement
✔ Basics of pain and rehabilitation science and how they apply to yoga asana, body, and movement
Now open for enrollment!
All the proceeds from this course go directly back to funding Shut Up & Yoga journalism & free education. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for info on our sliding scale tuition options.
✔ 30+ video lessons
✔ Visual deck to help you follow along the lessons
✔ Text lessons to expand your knowledge even further
✔ Glossary to help you learn new definitions & concepts
✔ Exercise suggestions and practice prompts
✔ Certificate of completion
Looking for a payment plan? We have you covered! Access the course now with 3 easy payments of $99
Meet Your Teacher
Dr. Garrett Neill is a Chiropractor with a love and passion for human anatomy and movement. He came to yoga from a shoulder injury from competitive swimming and has been a yogi for 14 years. Dr. Garrett is a firm believer that movement is one of the best forms of medicine.
The Basics of Sustainable Yoga
• What is Sustainable Yoga?
• How do injuries occur in yoga?
• Injuries & stress
• The importance of the right warmup
Stability: definition & strategies
• The joint by joint approach
• Morphology of the spine
• Strength vs. stability
• Dissociation & anti-rotation
• Teacher’s corner: cueing stability
Mobility vs. Flexibility + ROM
• Flexibility vs. mobility
• Common misconceptions: is flexibility useless?
• The art of stretching
• Practice: mobilizing vs. stretching
• Range of motion & injuries
• Teacher’s corner: cues encouraging “depth”
Imbalance & creating resiliency
• Yoga asana isn’t perfect
• Injury prevention
• “Closing angle pinch” pain
• Creating & adding load to yoga asana
• SAID principle
Where to now? Sustainable Yoga in real life
• Practicing sustainable asana
• Teaching safe & sustainable classes
• Teaching yoga online safely
Let's do this!
Learn the art & science of Sustainable Yoga
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I access the materials for the course?
Will the course materials be available forever?